Thursday, June 27, 2013

Boobie juice!

When Bear was born, I had a massive oversupply along with forceful letdown. I had to pump every 30 minutes otherwise I'd leak through my shirt, bra, and nursing pads. At the time I hated it. I felt chained to the pump and couldn't do anything but nurse, pump, nurse, pump. For whatever reason, I stopped pumping as much, and eventually I completely stopped. My supply started to level out and now I make just enough for baby. I absolutely hate it! I can hardly get 3 ounces in a full pumping session. I used to get almost 5 out of each boob. So now when I can't breastfeed, for example, in the car...I use formula. I hate, hate, hate it. I hate going to buy the stuff, I hate the smell, just ick. Nothing against formula feeding mothers, but I just want Bear to get as much boobie juice as possible.
I made lactation cookies...they were a TOTAL bust. I got Brewers Yeast tablets and they are literally the most disgusting things ever. However, if I crush them up and put them in recipes, I think the taste will hardly be noticeable. I've also gotten some Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Milkmaid Tea. I'm going to try to drink it three times per day. I'm trying to build a huge stash for myself, but I would also love to be able to donate some milk to those who need it. SO, from now on, I'll be recording my progress on pumping at the bottom of all my posts.

Pumping progress:
Today, I got 3 oz in a 10 minute session. Better than nothing!

No comments: