Friday, July 19, 2013

First day of "sleep training"...yikes.

Since day 1 (pretty much) we've been bed sharing.  It's awesome and so easy, especially since I'm breastfeeding. We all get a good night's sleep. However, little miss Bear has started to roll around and is almost starting to crawl. Oh. My. Goodness. Now that she's started this, none of us get any sleep. So Junior and I decided that it's time to transition her to her crib. And OH MY, what an impossible thing to do! As I type this, Bear is in her crib crying and whining. It breaks my heart. I'm usually all about attachment parenting, but she needs her own space. I read somewhere online that it took a mother 215 times to get her baby to sleep! WHAT?! I desperately hope that it is not that difficult for us. Her room is gorgeous as well. Pink walls, Pottery Barn, overpriced everything. I guess she's just so used to nursing herself to sleep or being put to sleep in the bouncy seat. *Le sigh*. Well, I'm going to go get her now...I can't stand it when she cries. It really breaks my heart.

Ava Bear: 1 
Mommy: 0